Changing The Fabric On Seat Cushions
Changing the fabric on a seat cushion is much eaiser than you think. And what a difference it
can make to your chair as well as your room.
Tools you will need:
- Screw driver--either phillips or flat head
- Batting or foam cushion
- Utlity staple gun
- Tape measure
Measure the seat of your chair.
When you purchase your fabric, add 2-3 inches on each side. This will
give you some
You will need to buy batting large enough to fit the seat or a foam cushion.
- Turn the chair over and unscrew the original seat from the chair.
- Take off the old fabric. If the cusion is bad, get rid of that also.
- If you're using the original cushion, you may want to put a layer of batting over it to make it more
comfortable to sit on.
- Lay the fabric on the cushion then turn it over.
- Fold a side of the fabric up onto the wood and put a staple in the middle. Pull the fabric on the
opposite side tight and staple.
- Repeat this for the other 2 sides.
- Now, pull the fabric all the way around and staple each pull.
- The corners are a little tough, so try to make them tight and neat. You may have to cut a little of
the fabric to get it to lay flat.
- Turn it over and make sure the fabric is nice and tight.
- You're now ready to screw the seat back onto the chair.